Going on camp trips is all fun and exciting until you run out of ice. It is even worse during summer when you tend to get thirsty now and then.
Other than just buying ice on your way of carrying along with you a cooler full of ice, you can alternatively get a portable ice maker.
Portable ice makers provide a convenient way to get ice for camping and other outdoor trips.
Below are some of the advantages of getting a portable ice maker for your camping trips.
- Compact size: Portable ice makers come in sizes compact and lightweight enough to conveniently carry along on trips without stress. They can be kept almost anywhere as they do not occupy too much space so that whether you want to keep it in your car trunk or small spaces, you are good to go.
- A cheaper way of getting ice: Portable ice makers save you the cost of buying ice on the go, you don’t need to make any payment of any sort to get it running and you can use the ice maker for as long as it is in good shape.
- Quick Ice: Portable ice makers provide a fast and easier way to get ice, especially on the go. You can get ice cubes within a few minutes and that makes it better than manual refrigeration which takes up to 4 hours or more to make ice cubes.
- Ease of Use: Portable ice makers are very much easy to use, they do not need to be connected to the waterline to get it running. You can get ice just by following the simple instructions below:
- Plug the unit into a power source
- Fill the reservoir with water
- Select your preferred ice cube size (if there is an option for it)
- Press the power button.
For portable ice makers with an automated function, you would be notified via an indicator when the ice basket is full.
- Variety of Operations: While on the go, it might be a little tasking or outrightly impossible to get extra help, portable ice makers come with smart features that make ice making easy. These features include:
- A power button
- An option for making large, small, and medium-sized ice cubes
- An illuminated control panel or light indicator that notifies you when the ice bin is full and when the water reservoir is empty
- Automated functions that make it automatically stop when the ice basket is full.
- A transparent window for monitoring ice production without opening the lid.
Please note that the features may vary with different models of ice machines.
Additional Instructions for using ice makers for camping
- Ensure to fill the water reservoir accurately, if the reservoir is overfilled, it might cause the water to flow into the ice basket and cause ice cubes to melt faster.
- If you go camping during cold weather, ensure to make small or medium-sized cubes so that they can melt in time for use. However, during hot weather, make large-sized ice cubes, as they melt slower.
- Ensure to keep the machine away from direct sunlight
- Turn off the unit before unplugging it
- Change the water in the reservoir every 24 hours.